Friday, July 23, 2010

Visas are starting to come; Guarana; LRC

Hello dear family,
Well it was another fast and happy week at the MTC. The biggest news of the week happened yesterday morning....when 54 Brazilian visas came in!!!!!! There was soooo much excitement and anticipation as names were called down to the travel office all day long. 54!! That's more than half of us! But sadly, neither Sister Robson nor I were one of the lucky 54. So we'll still be here! Haha..at least we're staying together! We were scared that one would stay and one would leave....that would have been sad... But the good news is that 54 visas coming in on a single day means that something is finally getting worked out! I think we'll all be heading to Brazil soon!

I will definitely have a few days warning though, Dad...so there is no need to stress about shoes. I think you should just wait for the gray Earth ones...I get the feeling I'll be finishing my MTC experience here in Provo...but I guess you never know!
I still am loving MTC life! Yesterday we taught for the first time in the TRC completely in Portuguese...and it went super well. We had a lot of practice for it....our district had a weekly goal of teaching 50 lessons as a district in Portuguese. So every spare minute that Sister Robson and I had we spent teaching other missionaries. Haha...I think that a lot of other districts had the same goal because we were also asked to be taught by many many missionaries.....that's a lot of 1st lessons in one week!

Haha...I also learned this week that it really pays to become friends with the senior missionaries! Brother and Sister Hepworth brought me guarana last week to try (the most popular drink in Brazil....it was good!) and Irmao Dennis went out of his way to get me and my district some Brazilian verb cards that our teachers have been trying to get for months! haha...the elders in my district are always commenting on how I'm the most popular missionary at the MTC :) It's funny. But they are happy too...because the Guarana was split evenly between all of us :) haha... It's a yummy drink...kind of like apple beer, but it's made out the guarana berry.

Sister Robson and I also got to be investigators for the missionary from Sao Paulo again, Elder Dantas....I love it! I was also very happy with how much more I was able to understand him just after 1 week! It's so fun to talk to a real native Brazilian and it makes me exxcited to be there soon! Next thursday will be our last time being taught by him, because then he will teach in his mission language...Japanese :) Hopefully we can still get him to practice Portuguese with us once in a while though!


Love always,
Sister Jamie Gee

No comments:

Post a Comment