Friday, July 30, 2010

Visa has arrived!!; Flying to Brazil on Wednesday!!

Hello again from the Provo MTC........for the last time!!!! :D :D

Haha, yup that's right, next week I'll be writing from the Sao Paulo MTC!! As you all know, I just found out a few hours ago that my visa is here and that I have flight plans to Sao Paulo for next Wednesday!!!

Wow, I'm excited! It's a strange feeling though....excitement mixed with anxiety mixed with sadness about leaving Sister Robson and the wonderful elders in my district and all the other Portuguese sisters here.... I've really really loved the Provo MTC. It's been a wonderful 6 weeks.... I'm really going to miss Sister Robson. I love her a lot and it's going to be sad to finish up our MTC weeks without each other. We just auditioned for another musical number "I Stand All Amazed" that sounds ammmmaaaaazing.......and now I'm not sure if we'll have time to perform it before Wednesday! I sure hope so...if not we'll just record it ourselves or something :)


This week we had an amazing devotional by Gene R. Cook! It was great. I've really been lucky, getting to hear from a lot of the Emeritus Seventy during July when the general authorities go on vacation. He spoke about faith and how as missionaries and as Latter-Day Saints we have no right to ever let fear get in the way of our faith. Faith cannot exist with fear, and they are both choices that we make. He talked about how when we choose to rely on God and to trust that He can help us do whatever he has asked us to do, then the fear will disappear. It's really wonderful for me to know that God wants us each to succeed, and he Will help us have success. We don't have to fear at all or feel inadequate, because God always qualifies those that He has called as long as they are humble and rely completely on him.

Today was the first P-day that we got to go to the Provo Temple! It was so wonderful to be able to go to the temple again.....I love the feeling of peace and love that I feel every time I am at the temple.

I am soooo excited about going to Brazil! Keep being wonderful as always!! Remember that I love you and that Heavenly Father loves you and that He wants us to be soooo happy! I'll talk to you all on Wednesday!! Enjoy the last few days of the trip and thanks again for all the letters and DearElders.
LOVE YOU!
Love,
Sister Jamie Gee

No comments:

Post a Comment