Friday, July 9, 2010

TRC practice teaching; Fourth devotional and fireworks!

Dear Family,
Hello again from the Provo MTC! Wow...it looks like you all had an Amazing time at the Smith Family Reunion! It sounds like it was so much fun...the pictures are great too! I wish I could have been there! It's exciting to see you all with Grandma and Grandpa!! They're really home :D haha.....

Hahaha.....that's so funny that you saved the stray dog! Yes, and it's exactly what I would have done. The picture made me laugh out loud though...he is pretty hopeless looking :) That's awesome that the owner called! Melissa, you should become a professional dog-saver. I think you've saved Rawley's life 10 times by now..and now you're saving out saving others! haha..speaking of Rawley, how did he react to you bringing home the stray? :)

Well, my Fourth of July was super fun too! The MTC Presidency put on a great devotional about the Founding Fathers and other people that helped make it possible for the gospel to be restored.....it was pretty inspiring. And they timed it to end at exactly 10 pm so we could watch the fireworks while walking out! It was really fun...I will always remember this Fourth of July, standing with 2,200 other missionaries and singing hymns as we watch the fireworks...So much fun!

I really like being at the MTC...and I think that part of the reason is the number of missionaries that are here! It's so powerful to be at a devotional and look around and see the entire room full of missionaries, and I'm one of them! And when we sing hymns altogether...it's an amazing feeling! I'm definitely looking forward to getting to Brazil and starting to do the real missionary work, but I think this MTC part will always be one of my favorite times of my mission!

Sister Robson and I are loving the "practice teaching" we're doing here. We just got a progressive investigator, which means that we meet with the same person every week so that we can really get to know them and teach them according to their personal needs...like it really will be in the mission field! And tomorrow we're teaching for the first time completely in Portuguese! I'm excited...I'm really started to love Portuguese. It sounds very pretty! The TRC is my favorite part about the MTC...We go once a week and teach a different investigator. Sister Robson and I have done it a few times before...but this week was Amazing! We were teaching a girl about the Plan of Salvation, and as I was talking to her and testifying, I could feel God's love for her...so strong, and I could tell she felt it too.

As I left the TRC I felt soooo happy...like my heart was flying out of my chest and I couldn't stop grinning :D I think I'm beginning to understand what people mean when they talk about the joy of missionary work! I'm so happy to be a missionary. There is no better feeling than helping someone feel God's love!

Well, time is winding up again! Man...30 minutes sure goes fast when you're writing an email! I love you all very much! Remember that Heavenly Father loves you and that He will always be there for you...He really does want what's best for us. You are all amazing and I love and miss you!

Be good! Have an awesome week!

Love, Sister Jamie Gee

No comments:

Post a Comment