Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines Day; Maiara baptism;


Dear Family, Happy Valentine´s Day!!!

I just wanted to let you all know that I love you all very much! Dad, Mom, Ryan, Celecta, Melissa, Jared, Kyle, Megan, Justin and Rawley...you are the most wonderful family in the world and my very best friends :) I think about each one of you every single day!.....yes, even you Rawley :) Your Valentine´s cards made me sooooo happy....you are the greatest!!!

Valentine´s Day was super fun here in Novo Hamburgo! Sister Oliveira and I made chocolate oatmeal heart-shaped cookies with chocolate frosting and chocolate sprinkles to take to our lunch with Deise and her family.....so I had plenty of friends and family and love and chocolate it really feel like Valentine´s Day :) It was great. And Alana (14) and Robson (13) looooved the pop rocks that you sent, Mom! haha...they had never seen anything like it before! The cinnamon lips were a favorite too...though I think that I was the one that loved them the most because they made me think of you, Mom! :) I love you!

This computer is very difficult to type with, so this will be a short letter...

But wow!!! What a wonderful wonderful week!!!! Maiara was baptized on Sunday after Sacrament Meeting and it was a very beautiful and wonderful to watch. She is a very special young woman and has an amazing testimony...wow, it really amazes me how much faith and strength the youth that are being sent to the world right now have...they are definitely prepared by the Lord! Carol is another young woman that we are teaching who is the same! ...She´s 13 years old too and she is more hesitant about the church than Maiara was, mostly because she has been going to another church, Deus No Brasil, for many years and is even a leader there. But she is reading and praying about the Book of Mormon and wants to visit the church this Sunday and really has a desire to know if it is true. Both these young woman are amazing examples to me...they are full of faith and light and I love them both.....they remind me a lot of you, Megan! :)

Sister Oliveira and I have just 2 more weeks together (most likely...) and we´re working hard to enjoy every moment and to work really hard to make them amazing!! It feels like I just arrived here yesterday...it´s crazy how quickly wonderful moments fly by! We´ve been finding lots of amazing families this week...super prepared to hear the gospel!! We met Sônia and her 3 daughters Debora, Danúbia and Daniele on Friday, taught them about the restoration, and then invited them to visit the church on Sunday. And do you know what Sônia´s response was? She asked us what she had to do to prepare herself and her daughters to be baptized!! Wow...that is the first time that something like that has happened on my mission! It is very true that there are so many people prepared and ready to accept the gospel!!! I know that Heavenly Father is blessing us a lot and helping us find them :D

Another favorite experience of the week...We met Andriele and her 5 younger sisters in the sorverteria (ice cream shop!....haha, see?? The Lord even blesses us when we stop eat ice cream! I love being a missionary :D) and they invited us to their home to meet their great-grandmother, Rufina. What an amazing lady!! She grabbed us into a huge hug the minute that we walked into the door and thanked us over and over for the visit. Rufina is 92 years old and has 21 children!!! And she is the most happy and loving and energetic and kindest lady that I have every met! She loves the Lord and has a lot of faith in Him...haha, she told us that last week in her church the pastor had asked "Who here has faith? Raise your hand if you have sufficient faith!" and when she had raised her hand he told her "Because you weren´t ashamed to show your faith, the Lord will send a victory to your home this week!"

She told us that she had been waiting patiently all week long for the victory to arrive...and that the minute we walked in the door she knew we were sent from the Lord. "You two are the victory that the Lord promised me!!" she told us happily over and over again! :D hahahaha.... I loved it! I´m super excited to teach her again!

I know that Heavenly Father loves us and that He has a perfect plan. We never have to doubt or feel inadequate or afraid...if we are willing to work with faith, we can have confidence that He will work at our side! I know this is true and I´m seeing proof of it every single day!

I love you all!!!! Love, Sister Jamie Gee

No comments:

Post a Comment