Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Beautiful rainy Tuesday in Novo Hamburgo; Great to be alive and to know that God loves us!



Dear Gee family that I loooooove!

Hello again! It´s a beautiful rainy Tuesday here in Novo Hamburgo and I am smiling! What a wonderful life we are living! It´s great to be alive and to know that God loves us! :D

This week was great!!! I know I say that every week....but this week I really really mean it! Last Wednesday was Zone Conference in Canoas...and I love love love Zone Conference. I heard that, before I arrived here, zone conference was once a transfer! !!! That would be incredible.... Ours are usually once every 3-4 months, but they are so incredible and inspiring and fun and motivating that I definitely wouldn´t mind having them more often! It is suuuuuper fun to see all of the other missionaries and hear all of their stories and update.....it was especially great to see Sister Inhuma!!!! It sounds like she is doing an amazing work in Timbaúva and is super happy. And I loved being able to hear about everyone there...she brought me a stack of cards and photos and letters from all the people that I looove! Oh how I would love to be able to return to Timbaúva someday!!!!

The training that President Pavan gave was amazing and perfect for me. Exactly what I needed to hear! He talked about lapidation and how we are all rough stones that need to let Heavenly Father polish and perfect us to be what He needs us to be. It was a really great talk....it´s funny how sometimes we let the silliest and smallest things keep us from letting the Holy Ghost enter our hearts and purify us. We just need to remember who we are and who we always have been.....and then act like it :) I really liked President Pavan´s talk and I learned a lot...

The rest of the week was fabulous!!! I think Sister Oliveira and I left Zone Conference still burning with the spirit....because I don´t think we´ve had a better week together! It was wonderful :) We found an amazing family! Do you remeber Carol? One of the girls that we taught that day in the middle of her street? Well...her family is huge and wonderful and amazing. Grandma and grandpa and aunts and uncles and lots of cousins and grandchildren....I think there were 20 people in the room! We taught them this week about the Book of Mormon it was one of the most powerful lessons that I have ever been in! The Spirit was very strong and they were very excited to read....I´m excited to go back!

Oh....and on Wednesday afternoon we found out that Maiara´s mom had decided that it was too early for Maiara to be baptized and that she wanted her to wait for a few more years before making a decision like that... Maiara was almost in tears when she told us, she really has a strong desire to be baptized and knows that the gospel is true! Sister Oliveira and I talked to her about faith and read 2 Nephi 27:23. Heavenly Father really is a god of miracles!! Anything is possible if we have faith and trust in Him...and then are willing to work to do our part. We told her that, if we had faith, Heavenly Father would touch her mother´s heart and she would let her be baptized this week. We told her to wait for a moment when she and her mother were alone and to read with her from 3 Nephi 11 and then to explain to her what she had felt the morning that she had prayed and had received an answer.

And guess what.... We found out yesterday that Maiara´s mom is going to let her be baptized......this week!! :) I think the baptism will be on Thursday morning so that Deise can be there too...haha, which means it will be right before district meeting with all 18 missionaries. I´ve never seen a baptism like that before! I am very excited....and very grateful to know that Heavenly Father really is a God of miracles. I know that He loves and us will always always help us....we just need to have the faith to ask :)

I love you all dear family!!! Stay happy and safe and remember that I love you! Thanks for your prayers and letters!

Love, Sister Jamie Gee

PS.....Oh!!!! I almost forgot to thank you!!!! This week I received 2 packages....one, a Valentines Day package with candy and chocolate and hearts!! It made me feel so loved!! And it got here super early!! Thanks so much! :)

And two, an amaaaaazing CD with all of your wonderful voices!! Wow...it made me so happy. I was smiling and laughing and even crying a little as I listened....I think I´ve already listened to it 10 times! Thank you so much! You are all so so so wonderful and I miss you a lot! :D And the Christmas songs are beautiful! And Rawley howling is perfect!! :D Thank you thank you thank you, Nate!

No comments:

Post a Comment