Tuesday, October 4, 2011

General Conference was amazing; Still a trio - Sister Fernandes and Sister Ferreira

Hello Gee Family!

Wow...wasn´t General Conference amazing?? I loved it. The spirit was so strong during all of the talks and I felt like I learned so much. Ana and Nilmar and their little baby, Herrick, came! They are such an amazing family and progressing a lot! I loved all of the talkes, especially the stories about faith and prayer that were told...most of the stories were so simple...finding a quarter on the road for a piece of fried chicken, the 5 dollars in President Monson´s jeans pocket being protected....but it really made me think about the perfect love and kindness that our loving Heavenly Father always shows us. We can have His help and guidance in every moment....we just need to have faith and remember Him and to seek Him in everything! I also loved President Uchtdorf´s talk about how compared with God, we are nothing...but we are Everything to Him! :) I thought about all of you a lot during the conference (especially when the new Provo temple was announced!!! yay!!), being all at home watching conference together...and it made me feel very grateful to have such a righteous and loving family. I am so lucky!! And I love you all so much! It also hit me super hard during I think it was Elder Cornish´s talk about missionary work...on of the last talks on Sunday afternoon, that this was going to be the last session of General Conference that I would be watching as a missionary. That made me feel sad...of course I´m excited to be home with all of you, but I´m really going to miss being a missionary. It is the happiest life and a wonderful work. I can´t believe how quickly this year went by! And I have loved every single moment :)

So this was another wonderful week for us in Santa Cruz do Sul! Oh! And guess what....we are still in a trio!! That was a surprise for me :) I was pretty sure that when Sister Dangerfield left, it would just be Sister Ferreira and I. We even put away the extra bed after saying goodbye to Sister Dangerfield Tuesday morning. But at about 2 pm that afternoon we got a call from the elders in Porto Alegre to tell us that our new companion, Sister Fernandes from São Paulo, would be arriving that night! :D I love surprises!

So yup...the fun of a life as a missionary trio continues!! Santa Cruz is a great place to be a missionary. I was a little worried to have Sister Dangerfield leave after just one transfer...it´s a big city! I´ve only gotten lost once or twice though. After lunch at Rosane´s house on Wednesday, our first day of the new transfer, I told Sister Fernandes and Sister Ferreira that there was a reference that lived close by that we could contact. I led them around a few streets, trying to remember where the house was and finally found it! I was feeling pretty proud of myself for having remembered and recognized the house and walked up confidantly to knowck at the door...when suddenly Sister Fernandes said, pointing to the house next door, "Hey, isn´t that where we ate lunch?" Sure enough...I looked over to see Rosane´s house where we had just left minutes before and to realize that our "reference" was her next door neighbor. Haha...... :)

Sister Fernandes is great...this is her 3rd transfer in the mission and she is an amazing missionary! And Sister Ferreira already feels like my sister :) We´ve had some great experiences this week and found some amazing new people to teach. Clace is a sister of a member of the other branch here in Santa Cruz. She lives alone with her 10 year old son, Felipe, and when we met her she was smiling and happy. But as we were teaching the 1st lesson, her ex-husband called to set a time to visit Felipe, and suddenly it became obvious that the happiness and smile was disguising a lot of pain and depression that she was feeling. Clace really opened up to us and told us that she feels very discouraged and alone in her life. We talked about God´s perfect love for all of His children and His gospel of peace and hope. I was glad that Heavenly Father had helped us understand what she needed to hear. I could see that she felt the Spirit a lot...we were all feeling it. There was a happy and hopeful look in her eyes and a REAL smile on her face as we left her house. It is so wonderful to feel the love that Heavenly Father has for each of His children. There is no greater happiness than sharing Heavenly Father´s love for others and seeing them change. We never need to be afraid to open our mouths and tell others about His love and His gospel...and if we remember that they really are our brothers and sisters, we never will be! I love being a missionary and it makes me happy to remember that I always can be one. :)

I hope that you are all doing well and loving life and looking for opportunities to be missionaries and examples for every one around you! We are so blessed to be members of the true church! :) You are the best family every and I love you all!!!!
That´s so exciting that there is going to be a new temple in Provo!!! When President Monson announced the new temple, I imagined you all listening at home and had a vision of Dad jumping up and down and screaming....and then I remembered that he only does that in BYU football games :)

Love you!!!
Love, Sister Jamie Gee

No comments:

Post a Comment