Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I love being a missionary and I love Santa Cruz do Sul!; Crazy dog story


Bom dia, Gee Family!
Another wonderful week in Santa Cruz do Sul!
Friday was a day of training in Santa Cruz...it was great! Sister Braga and Sister Lira came from Venâncio Aires and Sister Oliveira and Sister Grant came from Rio Pardo...and all the elders from Santa Cruz, Lajeado, Estrela, Presidente and Sister Pavan and the assistents. From 10 am to 5 pm we got to listen to trainings from the president and the district and zone leaders, practice lessons and teaching techniques and interviews with the president. I learned a lot! It´s amazing how excited I feel to work after every one of those trainings...it´s great! Presidente Pavan had some exciting news for us...well, at least for Sister Dangerfield and me. He said that "logo logo" (that means super soon!) there would be a new branch in Vera Cruz. !!!! That made me so happy! Vera Cruz is a small city about 20 minutes away from Santa Cruz that is part of our area, but because it is so far away we only get to visit about twice a week. There are so many members in Vera Cruz, but it´s really hard for most of them to attend church regularly when the chapel is in another city....it´s going to be so good for them! And whoever the lucky missionaries are that are going to open the area are going to love it...the people in Vera Cruz are so loving and accepting and really great to teach. Oh, and guess what else...at the end of the training Presidente Pavan handed out new portable DVD players for each apartment so that we can use the new Preach My Gospel dvds during study time. Crazy, huh? Missionaries are getting more and more "chique" all the time :) It felt like Christmas!

And the rest of the week was great too...I love being a missionary and I love Santa Cruz do Sul! We met, Gabriele, a really sweet 19 year old girl at the bus stop and, when the bus ended up never coming, walked with her the 40 minutes to her apartment that just happened to be across the street from our investigator that we were going to visit. She is great...smart and nice and fun...and we got a lot of time to get to know her and talk about the church as we walked. She seems really interested! I´m excited to go back. We had the sisters in Rio Pardo ask Elizângela to write her testimony about the gospel for Tatiane..and it was beautiful and perfect! I know that it is going to help Tatiane have more desire to have the same change and light in her own life. And Rafael, Alice´s husband, is back at home! I was so happy to hear that...and the best part, Alice knows that it was a miracle from God that her husband is still alive and thanked us for our prayers for her family. She is excited to know more about the church and to visit.

Oh, and remember how I told you that my love for dogs was dying? Well it died. Seriously....gone. Remember how I had told you when I was in Rio Pardo that the worst had happened and was over?? Well, that´s what I thought too...until yesterday. So last night Sister Dangerfield and I went to visit Laura, an older lady and recent convert, and her friend, Geni, that we´ve been teaching for a few weeks (Oh, by the way...Geni came to church last Sunday and loved it! When the members came up to introduce themselves and to welcome her and tell her to be sure to always visit she kept saying over and over again "Amen! Amen!"...haha! It was great). Well anyways, we had just entered Laura´s yard and were helping her in her backyard with her vegetable garden and chickens while we waited for Geni to get there...when her huge dog, Fritz, came up to me, lifted his leg.... and went all over my skirt! And really....he´s a HUGE dog....my skirt and legs and shoes were soaking wet! I just stood there for a while in shock, not believing it....and finally Laura and Sister Dangerfield looked over and saw. Yup, once again I had to stand there helpless waiting for them to stop laughing enough to come and help me.....:) The lesson was an...interesting one...I think it was hard to teach sitting in a cold kitchen with Sister Dangerfield´s coat over my legs and Laura´s giant flip-flops while my skirt was hanging on a chair with a fan blowing on it to help it dry faster..... It seems like Geni was still feeling the Spirit though because she accepted our baptism invitation and said that she was reading from the Book of Mormon every night! So it was a good night and I was smiling the whole coooold walk home. But really...can you believe it???

Well family, remember that I love you lots! Thanks for being the best family ever!
Love,
Sister Jamie Gee

No comments:

Post a Comment