Monday, December 13, 2010

Tchau, Timbaúva!; First transfer in Brazil

Olá Família!

The biggest news of the week is that, sadly, this will be my last P-day here in Montenegro.... Yup. My short but wonderful time here in the Ala Timbaúva is coming to an end and tomorrow I´m going to be transferred! I wasn´t even expecting to be transferred... There is a sister in our mission, Sister Mota, that is having a lot of problems with her knees and since Timbaúva is the flatest and calmest area in the mission, it´s normally where the missionaries that have health problems are assigned. So we all assumed that she would be coming here to Timbaúva...and since she´s already been companions with Sister Inhuma, we were all sure that I would be staying here to be her companion. haha, Sister Inhuma even started saying goodbye to the members yesterday and packing her suitcases last night.... And now we´re going to have to visit everyone again tonight and tell them that actually I am the one that is leaving!

My first transfer of the mission. It seems like I just arrived here yesterday and now I´m already leaving behind my first area. Crazy... I am sad and happy and excited all at the same time. I´m sad to be leaving everyone here.... I really feel like I have a second family here in Montenegro with the members in the ward. I learned a lot from the people that I met in this area. The members are so kind and loving and generous and fun! And I´m really really going to miss being companions with Sister Inhuma! It was such a fun and short 6 weeks... But I am happy and excited to see where I´ll go next. I know that good times are ahead....for all of us! :)

"Life can only be understood by looking back....but it can only be lived by looking ahead!"

This also means I´ll be spending Christmas in a new area. 14 days until Christmas! I´m very excited to talk to you all :) Speaking of Christmas, Sister Inhuma and I had many more wonderful experiences with the DVD "Mundo Feliz" this week....there is no better way to find new investigators and invite people to learn more about the church then with the beautiful spirit of Christmas!

Sister Inhuma and I have the best investigators right now!! The people we are teaching are so great...so humble and teachable. Charlene is incredible!! I really have never met anyone who has so much desire to learn....every lesson we have with her is powerful and she always asks the most perfect questions. The kind of investigator that every missionary wants to find. And Michele is the same way! We invited her to read the Book of Mormon just 1 week ago and she is already finishing 2 Nefi and loving it! Haha...that´s funny that Michele added me on Facebook. She was begging me to teach her Michael Jackson songs in english...haha, but we taught her EFY songs in English instead. I think she still liked it :) awww...I´m sad to be leaving them!!

Tonight will be a night of farewells! We have a Noite Familiar marked with Idimir and Eliane and family....which I think will be a PERFECT way to spend my last night here :) Sister Inhuma is going to teach us how to make tapioca....a recipe from Recife!! mmmmm.... She has been talking about tapioca, agua de côco, beaches and other wonderful things from Recife aaaaall transfer long :)

I love you all so much! Remember that we are so blessed and that we have every reason in the world to be happy and smiling! :)
Love,
Sister Jamie Gee

No comments:

Post a Comment