Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Feliz Ano Novo! Plus a scary story


Dear Gee family,

Hello!! Wow...it was so good to hear all of your voices on Christmas day!!! It made me smile for hours after! I loved Christmas this year...the huge Christmas feast the night before, the crazy district Christmas parties, the special people we visited on Christmas day, singing Christmas hymns with Sister Oliveira for anyone who would listen....it was all great. But it hadn´t really felt 100% like Christmas until I heard all of your voices on the phone. It made me so happy!!! I love you all and I´m happy to hear that you had a wonderful and white, snowy Christmas! I´ll be home for Christmas 2011!! :D

This week was a very very good one. As I already mentioned, Christmas was wonderful! Sister Oliveira and I were invited by almost every family in the ward to spend Christmas with them.... :) haha, as you can tell, this ward is wonderful and there is a lot of love and support for missionary work! We spent Christmas night with Ivonne Schneider and her family, the oldest family in the church here in Novo Hamburgo! She has a big, happy, crazy and fun family and the night was full of games and food, a spiritual Christmas message, and a music talent show starring all of the grandchildren. I felt very much at home :)

The rest of the week was kind of hard to find people at home...almost everyone is traveling or visiting the beach right now, and I think that it is going to be the same for this next week too. But the visits that we did have were wonderful! Manoel came to church on Sunday and loved it! Afterwards we visited him in his house and he told us that he knows that Book of Mormon is true and Joseph Smith is a prophet. He told us that he is so happy that God is giving him the chance to find the truth while he is still here on this earth. :) It made me so happy to hear his testimony and see his happiness...it is obvious that he is suffering a lot from the leukemia and seems to be getting worse every day, but I love to remember what he said to us the other day "My body is very sick, but my spirit has never been healthier!"

He is such an amazing example to me of faith....he has complete confidence and trust in the Lord. I´m so grateful to have the chance to meet and know special people like Manoel....it´s wonderful to be a missionary!

Well family, I hope you are all doing very well and that you´re excited to start another wonderful new year! Life is wonderful isn´t it? It´s so great to know that every new year brings new experiences and new changes but that, thanks to the wonderful plan of our loving Heavenly Father, our family will always be our family. Forever and ever!

Happy New Year! I hope that you all have a wonderful night of partying and food and family and puzzles and fireworks.... I love you all!

Love, Sister Jamie Gee

Oh...and scary story for the week. Yesterday, Sister Oliveira and I were walking to an appointment, when suddenly a man barged right through the middle of us, running full speed and almost knocking me over. He looked at me and I saw pure terror in his eyes...so much fear in his face that it took me a while to notice that his hands were handcuffed behind his back. Sister Oliveira and I looked at each other in surprise and bewilderment...not really believing what we had seen...when suddenly the street was full of policemen with guns and police cars and siren....it was scary! At that exact moment, a man across the street came out of a shop and called "Sisters! Come in here!" It was Fabio my dear friend from the Timbaúva ward! I had no idea that he worked here in Novo Hamburgo. We ran across the street and waited in his shop and waited for the police to leave. haha, it was kind of scary at the time...but it was great that Fabio was right there at the exact right time. It´s no question that Heavenly Father loves and protects us!

Your story, Mom, reminded me of that too......I´m very very grateful that He is protecting our family!! Stay safe!!!! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment