Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Senior companion (for a day)

Olá querida família!

What a great week! The biggest news of the week is that the amazing double (Sister Gibson and me) is now an amazing triple!! Yup, last Wednesday in the middle of companionship study we received a call from President Pavan. He told us that an american sister who had been serving in Chicago had received her visa and would be arriving later that day. Sister Rebecca Cidre from Las Vegas!!! I knew her in the Provo MTC for 5 days before I left for São Paulo...and now we would be companions in Brazil! How exciting and happy....:) It´s been really different working in a trio, but I really like it. Sister Cidre speaks Portuguese soooo well....I remember having a LOT more difficulty when I arrived :) It´s really great to have someone to do language study with and to practice new vocabulary....

Since Sister Gibson is training again, we knew that she would be going to Porto Alegre on Monday for the meeting they have every transfer for leaders and trainers....and I was very excited to spend the day again with the sisters in Bom Sucesso... But on Sunday when the zone leaders called they told us that Sister Cidre and I would stay and work in our area. Alone!! For an entire day!! And Sister Cidre not knowing the area at all....!!!! haha, I was scared! Yes, I´ve been here a long time now, but I´ve always had Sister Gibson to rely on and I was nervous that I wouldn´t be able to find my way around the area or understand Portuguese enough to be able to teach.....

But what a great day it was!! I´m pretty sure it was my favorite day on my mission so far...so so so great! Sister Cidre is so great and fun and loving and kind....haha, and very patient when I took her down a wrong road and we had to backtrack a few times :) It was such a great day.. The lessons that we taught seemed more powerful and personal than normal....full of the Spirit!! Almost as if Heavenly Father knew that we needed some extra help and was filling in our stammered Portuguese with a huge abundance of the Holy Ghost :) The best lesson was with Ana Carla and her husband Andre. We were teaching about the Holy Ghost and how we can recognize promptings...Ana Carla shared an experience that she had the night before when her daughther, Nicole was sick with a high fever. She prayed and felt a powerful feeling of comfort and assurance that she didn´t need to worry. As Sister Cidre and I testified that this was the Holy Ghost the feeling of peace and love in the room was soooo strong.....so we decided to invite them to be baptized, and they both accepted!! :D Haha, after the lesson Ana Carla asked us what our church believes about the lingua de anjos (gift of tongues) and I laughed as I told her that it was what she had just witnessed! It´s the promise that we all have from our Heavenly Father that when we put our trust in Him and open our mouths to share the gospel, He will give us the words that we should say and He will give our words the power to touch hearts. :) What a great day...I have a strong testimony of that now...

Silvio is still doing great and is super excited about his baptism this Saturday! He still calls us daily to let us know that he is reading the Book of Mormon....haha. I´ve never met anyone so anxious to do good and to follow Jesus Christ. You can really tell how grateful he is to have the gospel in his life and how much happier it has made him. He carries his Bible and Book of Mormon with him wherever he goes and is always always always telling everyone he meets about the gospel. :) A good example for us all...

Oh! And along with Sister Cidre arrived the two packages that you sent....Thank you sooo much!!!! I was so so happy to open them. :) The candy bar letter was so cute! Thank you so much...mmm, and it was so great to eat american candy! The letters made me so happy...I was smiling for hours and hours after reading them! You are all so great and I´m glad that you´re all loving school and staying so busy and happy! The sweater came in perfect timing too because Thursday was a coooold day to travel to Novo Hamburgo. Thank you so much family!!! I love you!


Well, we have to run because we have a appointment marked with Simone and Adelar and family.....Irmão Adão (the mission leader) is coming with us! I´m so excited. We also have a churrasco planned tonight with another investigator....Sister Cidre´s first! Haha...it seems that I am writing about churrasco in every email these days!! Lucky lucky me :)

I love you all so much! Thank you again for the letters...and for all your love and prayers. Remember to always be grateful and happy....we are so so blessed :)
Have a wonderful week!
Love, Sister Jamie Gee

No comments:

Post a Comment