Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween, dear family!!!!
This week was a good one...and a fast one....
On Friday we traveled back to Porto Alegre so that Sister Gibson could renew her visa before leaving the country next week. So soon!! :( I´m sad to think that things will be changing here in Timbaúva....I liked these last two weeks working in our trio. But I´m sure that whatever happens with the new change, it will be great. Two sisters are leaving and only one is arriving next transfer, which means that we´ll have an even number of sisters again...which means either Sister Cidre or I will be leaving Timbaúva (unless crazy Dad! That would be scary :) I really hope I stay! We are teaching a lot of great families right now that are really progressing! I´d really love to stay and continue teaching them :)

I can´t remember if I wrote before about Edemir and Eleane...but they are really progressing! They loved church on Sunday and are reading the Book of Mormon as a family every night. Their two sons...Fladimir (12) and Eduardo (8) already have many friends with the other boys in the ward. Haha...they came to our English class that we give every Friday night a little early, so they sat in on our lesson on baptism with Sílvio and watched as he "practiced" inside the font with Irmão Adão. Afterwards they were really curious and they asked us so many questions about baptism....and when we told them that anyone over the age of 8 could be baptized, Eduardo´s eyes got really big and he said "That means I can be baptized then!!" Haha... :) He is a Very smart boy for his age....and curious. He reminds a lot of you, Justin :)

Our Noite Familiar with Daniel and Leoni was soooo great. There was such a good feeling in that home....peace and full of love :) It´s amazing the difference that I can see between Daniel and Leoni....so different than the first time that we taught them! Two months ago, when we started teaching them, the argued and fought every time we visited them! They are a young couple that have been together for 3 years, not married, and with 2 little boys....Leonardo (3) and Guillerme (2)....and with the children crying, dogs barking, and the couple shouting at each other, I thought that our lessons were not making any difference. But it´s amazing the change in the home now! They have been reading the Book of Mormon and praying together at night... they speak to each other with love and kindness and gratitude....it´s amazing what a difference God´s love can make in our lives if we let it :)

And the best news of the week....Sílvio was baptized on Saturday morning!!! It was such a great baptism.....I could feel the Holy Ghost so strongly. I remember, Mom, you talking about the baptisms of the primary children that you got to attend and the special spirit that you always felt....and I really understand what you meant! Sílvio asked me to give the talk before he was baptized and while I was speaking I could see the happiness and excitement in his face! And that feeling stayed with me the whole day! Sister Gibson and Sister Cidre and I realized that we were feeling extra happy the rest of the day.... We decided that we wanted to make it a habit of starting our days with a baptism...every day :) haha...

Well it is time to leave again! P-day is ending and we´re starting our last week here in Timbaúva as a trio....Sister Gibson´s very last week of her mission!! Sigh...I never liked change. But I suppose it´s something I need to get used too :) And it is very true that so far in my life, changes just have meant that something even better is coming!!

I hope you are all well and happy at home! Tell me about Halloween!! Do you all have great costumes? A slice of bacon, Kyle!?!?!? haha....that is soooo awesome. I really really want to see pictures. I´m sure that Megan will come up with something crazy and creative again, like always. And I´m also almost certain that Justin is planning on being....a BYU Football player! haha.... You better dress up Jared! Just because you´re a senior in high school doesn´t mean you have an excuse :) Is there a Halloween dance at Timpview? I want to hear all about it.... :) Melissa!! Are you freezing in Rexburg yet? I hope that you bought a new coat....I think about you every time that I wear yours :D haha... I hope that Ryan and Celecta do something cute and couple-ly for their costumes :) Wow Mom and Dad, I think that both of you need a vacation! Even though you just got back from vacation this week :) You two are so incredible...I don´t know how you do it all. And do it all so well too!! Thank you for being the best parents ever for me and for our whole family....I love you all so much!

Love you!
Love, Sister Jamie Gee

No comments:

Post a Comment