Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Amazing reference... Izalde and Luciano; Whole family is starting to change!

Olá família!

Tudo bem? How are you all doing?
I´m doing great and loving life in Santa Cruz do Sul!
We got an amazing reference this week from a family in the ward...Izalde and Luciano and their 2 year old daughter, Yasmin. What a perfect family! Just talking to them you can see how much they love each other and that they are just good good people. João, the member that gave us the reference, works all week long with Luciano in Porto Alegre and had been noticing João read the Book of Mormon each night before going to sleep. He started to ask questions and João started to explain about the church and lent him his Book of Mormon to read for himself.....and the rest is history! By the time we met them to teach the first lesson, both Luciano and Izalde had already read all about Joseph Smith and the first vision and a good part of the Book of Mormon and were ready with a lot of questions. Eleitos!! They are amazing and I really liked them...they just already feel like a mormon family :)

The rest of the week was great too...I´ve really loved working in Santa Cruz do Sul. During testimony meeting on Sunday I sat listening to the testimonies of the members and feeling so happy and at home. The members in this branch are so loving and wonderful. They really help with our investigators too...making them feel welcome at church and inviting them to their homes, they´re amazing! This Saturday we´re planning a ward talent show to help some of our investigators get to know more of the members. I think that Sister Hughes and I are going to play "Querência Amada"... It should be great!

Oh and on Sunday Jô came to church again...and brought her brother, Carlos, and his 2 young daughters with her! It´s been over a year since Carlos has been to church, but I could tell he was super happy to be there and feeling and remembering that same familiar Spirit that the gospel brings to our lives. The whole family is starting to change! Baptista, Jô´s husband, wasn´t at church again...but I´m sure he´s feeling the difference in his home too. Jô said that they´ve started reading the Book of Mormon as a family again. :) I love this family so much! On Saturday we spent the afternoon sandpapering and painting their kitchen and bathroom with Jô and Priscila. It was super fun!

Well, got to go! See you all in just a few weeks! Yikes!! Crazy...I´m not sure what I´m feeling. I´m happy and sad and nervous all at the same time :S But I know one thing for sure....I´m soooo excited to see you all again!!!! Mom, Dad, Ryan, Melissa, Jared, Kyle, Megan and Justin and Rawley.....I LOVE YOU!!!!
Have a great week!
Love,
Sister Jamie Gee

No comments:

Post a Comment