Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Baptism of Marion; Teaching with the Spirit

Aló!
Hello family!! How are you all doing? Thank you for the emails!!! I love reading them and it makes me happy to hear that you are all doing great! Sounds like it´s going to be a fun summer for you all!!

Márion was baptized this Saturday! It was a wonderful baptism...it made me happy to see how excited Márion was about his decision to be baptized. His family was super happy too..especially his dad, Carlos. Last night they invited us to their family night that they are now holding weekly...the feeling in their home was so wonderful! What an amazing family!!
I´m still super happy to be here in Rio Pardo...I go to bed every night and wake up every day with a huge smile on my face. :) I love being a missionary!! There is no better feeling than walking home at night and thinking about all the wonderful people that you met and talked to about our loving Heavenly Father and his perfect love and plan....and knowing that the Holy Ghost testified to them through your words. I have no doubt that this is His work!

One of those moments happened on Sunday night. I´ve told you about Paulo, right? Last week we invited him to be baptized on Saturday with Márion...but he wanted more time to really feel prepared. He has been going to church every week for the last 6 months and is making huge sacrifices and changes in his life so that he can follow the counsel of the prophet. He is an amazing example to me and to the whole ward. But anyways, that night as his house, we met his Aunt Sílvia who is amazingly nice and fun and invited us over to her house on Sunday. I could tell that when we got to her house on Sunday that her excitement about our visit was not shared by her husband, Erialdo...he didn´t even come into the room when we first entered. After talking to Sílvia for a while we asked her to invite her husband in to hear the message that we were going to share. Erialdo came in, but he was very skeptical and sarcastic and made it very obvious that he wasn´t interested.... But the spirit in the room completely changed as we started with a prayer and started to teach. What an amazing lesson! I have never felt the spirit helping so much with the lesson testifying so strongly as we were teaching, especially when we were explaining the First Vision. Erialdo asked great questions and was so interested in everything we had to say. As we talked about the church that Jesus Christ established when He was on the earth and the great apostasy he kept saying..."that makes sense...that makes sense..." And then when we talked about the Book of Mormon he said that it seemed right that God would have another witness to clarify the Bible in these last days when so many churches taught different doctrine. He almost jumped out of his chair to grab the Book of Mormon when we told them it was a gift for them....and he was already reading before we even left the door. !!! Haha...Sister Grant and I were hugging each other and jumping up and down as soon as we were on the streets....what an amazing amazing family!! And what an amazing feeling to feel the the Spirit so strongly as we teach about the restoration of the gospel...I know that Erialdo felt it too. I think it is the greatest feeling in the world! I know I say it a lot...but I love the gospel and I love being a missionary!!!!!!

Well family...I´ve got to run again! I hope you´re all doing wonderfully and are happy! Remember that we are so blessed to be members of the church and to know the amazing love that Heavenly Father has for us. He sent Jesus Christ so that we can have true and eternal joy! He called a prophet so that we know what to do to have happiness with our families forever!

I love you all soooo much! Thanks for being the greatest family ever!

Love, Sister Jamie Gee

No comments:

Post a Comment