Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Kátia and Cássio were baptized; I LOVE RIO PARDO!!!!


Querida família!!

Wow....first of all thank you so so much for all of the wonderful birthday messages!!! I felt so loved and happy reading every single one of them :) I have the best friends and family in the world! I love you all so much!!!

Second of all....I LOVE RIO PARDO!!!! What a wonderful place to be a missionary :D I can´t believe that it´s only been 1 transfer and I already feel so much at home :)

Saturday morning Kátia and Cássio were baptized....I played the organ, "As Famílias Poderão Ser Eternas" before the baptism and as I played I could see the whole family seated on the first row in front of the organ waiting for the meeting to start. What a wonderful and beautiful sight...Kátia and her 12 year old son Cássio smiling and dressed in white, waiting to be baptized and surrounded by the rest of their family. I felt so much love and gratitude for a Heavenly Father that loves us so much and wants us to be happy!! It was a very beautiful baptism...

Yesterday was probably the happiest birthday of my whole life :) Luckily it was also our P-day, because the whole day was spent with one party after another! I love love love Rio Pardo....I can´t believe how much I love this area after just 6 short weeks!! The members are wonderful and loving and fun and alw. Fernanda and Rúbia made Pudim for a birthday breakfast sang and danced a Brazilian happy birthday song, Irmã Marta taught us how to make cuca while Irmão Ernesto played gaúcho music on the guitar, Presidente Rogerio made a nega meluca (amaaaazing chocolate cake) and gave me a Rio Pardo 200 anniversary T-shirt and then we finished the night with a Noite Familiar with Kátia and Carlos and almost the whole ward...with, of course, pizza and more chocolate cake. Wow....I have never felt so loved in my entire life :) The best present of the entire day, though, came at 7:00 in the morning when the zone leaders called with news about the transfer........Sister Corrêa and I are both staying in Rio Pardo! :D I am very happy and excited for another transfer here in this amazing area with an amazing companion!!! We´re both ready for another transfer full of joy and miracles here in Rio Pardo. What a wonderful wonderful day!

Thank you so much for being the best family ever....I love you all and miss you so much! I couldn´t stop smiling when I read each of your emails....it made me soooo happy! Keep enjoying life and being happy and remember that I love you so much!

I LOVE YOU !!

Love, Sister Jamie Gee

No comments:

Post a Comment