Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Another wonderful week in Novo Hamburgo!!

Dear family,

Hello again after another wonderful week in Novo Hamburgo!! This week was a very very fast one....I can´t believe that it´s already P-day again! The weeks are getting shorter and shorter! I really am loving being a missionary. Each morning when I wake up I feel like my heart is bursting with joy. Even when the days are long or hard or hot....there is no happier feeling than being a missionary!

Sister Oliveira and I are teaching some amazing people right now. My favorite investigators right now are Ênio and Dina...a very sweet and loving couple. Sister Oliveira started teaching them with Sister Mota a week before I arrived here in Novo Hamburgo...and in the short time that we've known them they have already become very very dear friends. Ênio and Dina come to church every week and to all of the ward activities...and they already help us with our other investigators too! Giving references and car rides and talking to all their friends about the church...haha, it´s wondeful! I´ve never met people so loving and giving...they are always eager to serve us and others....in any way that they can! It´s an amazing example to me.. They are practically already members and I know that they love the church...but because they aren´t legally married they haven´t been able to be baptized. Dina´s first husband died 10 years ago and she receives "widow´s pension" that she will lose if she gets married again to Ênio....kind of complicated. Dina told us that if they lose it they would not have enough money to live off of.... But I know that their testimonies of the gospel are getting stronger each day and that one day they will be baptized!!

Saturday night was "Cachorro Quente" (hot dogs!!) night with the ward. Hot dogs here are soooo yummy....with tomatoes and onions and lettuce and corn and peas and cheese.... and then topped with a sweet tomato sauce and French fries. mmmm... It was a great ward activity! The members here are so much fun and very very helpful. We had lots of investigators come and they really enjoyed it and got to know a lot of the members. Any, a member in the ward, also brought one of her friends from work, Cleuse and her 17 year old daughter Melissa, who both seemed really excited to hear more about the church. I´m excited to visit them this week!

This is going to be a great week...Sister Oliveira and I have a lot of new plans and goals for the week o find new investigators that are going to keep us busy and happily working :) She really is a wonderful companion and friend and I´m loving working with her. I don´t think I told you before, but Sister Gibson was her trainer too.....3 months before me. So we´re sisters on the mission!! :D No wonder I love her so much!!!

And no Dad, I didn´t forget..........HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope your 51st birthday is wonderful and fun! I was remembering the other day when I called you last year from Ecuador on your birthday....I can´t believe it´s already been a whole year! I wish I could call you again to tell you that I love you, but know that I will be thinking about you!! mmmm... Maybe I´ll even eat Brazilian churrasco with grilled chicken hearts and pineapple to celebrate for you.....hahaha!

Well family, I love you and hope that you are all happy and doing well!! I love the pictures....ice skating sounds like it was super fun! I guess that I knew that I would miss out on a few things when I decided to leave home for a year and a half. It´s a good thing that being a missionary is so wonderful....it makes it all worth it!

I know that this gospel is perfect. Heavenly Father loves us with a perfect love and He has a perfect plan for each one of us. We just need to trust in Him and let Him teach us and lead us....day by day. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that because of Him and His love we can change and become exactly who we need to be. I know because of Him our family will live together forever....and I´m so happy to know that :) I love you all sooooo much and I think about you all every day!

Love you!!!
Love, Sister Jamie Gee

No comments:

Post a Comment