Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving in Timbauva; ward is "on fire"

Hi dear family! Wow.......I feel very loved today! Looooots of emails to read! Thank you so much for all of the emails and love :) and.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELISSA! I hope you have a wonderful and fun 20th birthday!!

It sounds like you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Sister Inhuma and I had a fun Brazilian Thanksgiving too :) I was super happy to see that we had lunch scheduled with Rita, Alex, and Pai on Thursday....what luck!! Sister Inhuma and I made pumpkin pie (thanks for the recipe, mom!) to bring to the feast...and it was soooo yummy!!

Everyone loved it, even though they said it was MUCH different than anything they had ever tried. haha...it was fun

It really is starting to feel like Christmas here....even in the 90 degree weather and the lack of snow. Sister Inhuma looooooves music and always has something playing the moment she wakes up in the morning until we leave for the day....and then the moment we walk in the door until lights out. (she reminds me of you, Melissa) And now that December is arriving...it´s all Christmas music! It´s really getting me into a festive, cheerful spirit!

Speaking of Christmas...my mission president, Presidente Pavan, started a new program with the Christmas DVD "Mundo Feliz" ("Joy to the World") for our mission this December. All of the members were asked to think of families that they knew and that they´d like to share the gospel with. And during the month of December the missionaries will be making visits with them to watch the DVD with the family in their home. Our ward is super excited about this program....to tell you the truth, the ward seems to suddenly be on fire with the "missionary work" spirit. I think a lot of it has to do with the recent baptism of Idimir and Eliane and their family....it´s gotten everyone excited and eager to share the gospel! Sister Inhuma and I have already received over 20 names of different families....it´s going to make this month a very busy and happy one :) No better way to get ready for Christmas!!!

So guess what....once again we found some wonderful new investigators this week!! Michele is a 21 year old girl that we found knocking doors. She is so sweet and kind and was really interested in learning more about the church. I was very amazed at how happy and loving she was...especially after I learned that she has been sick with cancer and not been able to leave her home for 3 months. It´s amazing how much love and faith some people have, that keeps them smiling and serving even when their own lives are difficult. I´m really learning a lot about love from the people that I am meeting here every day...

We also began teaching a couple that I am very excited about....Charlene and Luciano. A family from the Montenegro ward gave us their names and from the first day that we met them, I knew that I was going to love teaching them! Charlene always has a huge smile and is always always laughing. Luciano was really interested in our message, especially in the Book of Mormon, and had a lot of great and perfect questions. I´m really excited to visit them again!

Well, I love you all sooo much! Thank you for all of your prayers and emails. You´re words of advice are exactly what I need and keep me feeling happy and loved. Remember that Heavenly Father loves us so much and that He wants us to have joy! I love serving as a missionary here in Brazil and I feel His love for me and for His children every single day. We are so blessed to have the gospel in our lives and for the peace and joy that it brings :) I love you all!!

Love, Sister Jamie Gee

No comments:

Post a Comment